Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thirtysomething on the 30th + Cats, Bats (baseball) & Draft (NHL)

I never watched this TV show between 1987 and 1991. Did you? It was before my time I guess. I didn't turn 30 until 1994...

That clip has just over 30, 000 views.
                                                              ===============
Meanwhile, Taylor Swift played BC Place last night and celebrated hitting 30 million Twitter followers:
One of my top blog posts came in the summer of 2010:
The CATS are in charge!
It ended with these famous words:
No, I am not on Twitter yet. Once my cat, Bunzo, is on there, I will consider it:)
For the record, I officially joined Twitter in early March of 2011:)
===============
The major league home run leader reached 30 with two yesterday. Chris Davis of the Baltimore Orioles actually played for our Kelowna Falcons a few years ago.

I was at the Kelowna Falcons game this past Wednesday with my daughter and tweeted out a picture of NHLer Jordin Tootoo throwing out the first pitch. By the way, Jordin Tootoo is 30 years old. I almost won the $760 dollar 50/50 jackpot at the game:) A lady two rows in front of us won as my ticket was just two numbers off:(
                                                              ===============
The NHL Entry Draft has been taking place this afternoon. Flashing back to 2001, Jordin Tootoo was taken 98th overall in the fourth round by the Nashville Predators. Today, Nashville picked fourth overall and added to their depth on the blueline with Seth Jones. Colorado picked first. In the Avs' situation I would have picked Jones. Seth learned about hockey growing up in Denver, where his dad, Popeye, was a pro basketball player. The marketing wheels were in motion but MacKinnon was Colorado's man. Congratulations Nathan and all NHL draft picks!

Happy Canada Day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment