Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Football & Hockey Dreams Becoming Reality

This is my 34th blog post of the year - putting me on pace for a hundred in 2011! With the lucky 34th overall pick in last weekend's NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills selected cornerback Aaron Williams from Texas. The most famous #34 that played for the Buffalo Bills was Thurman Thomas. His number was retired as he went into the Hall of Fame four years ago. Can't believe I will be heading into my fourth season voicing segments on the "Thurman Thomas Show" this fall! Feel free to check out the football footage on my YouTube channel.

I wrapped up my fourth season of voicing the Shaw-TV hockey promos for the Western Hockey League today. The league championship series starts in two days between the Portland Winterhawks and the Kootenay Ice.
If they stay calm, cool and collected, the Kootenay Ice can conquer Portland! The team is based in Cranbrook, BC - where Steve Yzerman
was born and the Niedermayer brothers (Scott and Rob) were raised.
Get your tickets now! I mean it...

With the lucky 23rd overall pick in last weekend's NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles picked a Kelowna kid: Danny Watkins!
He is an offensive guard who will help protect quarterback Michael Vick, who was sacked 34 times last season. To quote Don Cherry, "Way to go Danny Boy!"

Here is Danny's amazing video moment that most can only dream about...

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment