Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Pondering Penticton and Facebook

The Kelowna Chiefs had their second straight home game go into double overtime last night. We lost to Penticton 5-4. The Chiefs will seek revenge on December 18 when Penticton is here again. I will be in Penticton on "The Hockey Show" Thursday, December 16 at 9:00 am. I had a good time when I did an interview in early 2009 on The Giant FM.
This links to my 14 minutes of fame.

Following up Roberto Luongo's stab at poetry on my last post, who can forget the slam poetry from Shane Koyczan at this year's Winter Olympics in Vancouver? He hails from Penticton and you can see Shane in action here.

I just had my highest score yet in online Scrabble! 419 points vs voiceover friend Tom Dheere in New Jersey. Tom had beaten me twice in a row
(406-368 and 360-345) so I was due:)
Vancouver Canuck Tanner Glass, who played junior hockey in Penticton, is a big Scrabble fan and he's taking up the challenge of a blogger on the coast, Harrison Mooney.

If you are a Scrabble aficionado, connect with me on Facebook. I mean, what else is Facebook good for? Thank you to another voiceover friend, Bobbin Beam, for getting the discussion rolling here.

No comments:

Post a Comment