Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Introducing HFI and Mark Messier

A couple of weeks ago I heard Rob Higgins interviewed on Dan Russell's "Sportstalk." Like me with HTV.com, Rob could be identified with these three letters: HFI.com. That is short for HockeyFantasyIndex.com.

Like Rob, I get to combine my passions of writing, hockey and music on this blog. However, he is a real musician! Rob's band is Dearly Beloved. Rob recently blogged about Buffalo Sabre Tim Connolly. Good fantasy hockey picks are guys in the final years of their contracts trying to prove their worth$$
Here is the link to the Sabres, while you can click on your favorite team up top.

Rob Higgins' Fantasy Hockey Philosophy recently appeared on PuckDaddy.com. Maybe it can help you as the season starts in two days. He has also written the book, Higgins Hockey Fantasy Index: 2010-2011. Get a copy here.

Allow me to introduce my team drafted in the annual London Drugs Hockey Pool with sixteen others (including my brothers-in-law and son Justin) a week ago:
  1. Zach Parise (New Jersey)
  2. Paul Stastny (Colorado)
  3. Erik Johnson (St. Louis) - 1 of 2 mandatory d-men. I had Johnson last year too along with my 7th round pick below.
  4. Patrick Elias (New Jersey)
  5. Jason Pominville (BUFFALO!)
  6. Jussi Jokinen (Carolina)
  7. Kristian Huselius (Columbus)
  8. Ray Whitney (Phoenix)
  9. Jakub Voracek (Columbus)
  10. Kevin Bieksa, D (Vancouver)
Spares I could sub in at the all-star break:
John-Michael Liles, D (Colorado) and Nikolai Kulemin (Toronto)

That is the team taking me to the promised land!

Let the chips (ice or potato) fall where they may...

No comments:

Post a Comment