Saturday, September 22, 2007

Greg is THE Man!

As I mark my 1-year blogiversary I notice I have never blogged on a Saturday before. There must be something to the saying "Lazy Saturday."

My very first blog post mentioned one of my on hold employers: Greg Krantz. I've been very pleased with the volume of work Greg has thrown my way lately so I took the time this week to update my on hold messaging demo. It shows more of the conversational style that is important in this area.

I also put the pieces in place for an animation and character voices demo. That is an area that Greg Littlefield does a good job in. In fact, he was a Finalist in The Simpsons Sound Alike Contest through Voices.com. Greg started his blogging adventure this month and like me he will give you a mix of voiceover, sports and music. EARLY this morning, Gregg Zaun of the Toronto Blue Jays helped out Greg and his team, the Boston Red Sox, by homering in the 14th inning against the New York Yankees. 5-4 final for Canada's team! But this afternoon Toronto lost to the Yanks 12-11 in 10 innings. Gregg Zaun nailed one in the 10th inning but unfortunately it was foul! With a week left in the baseball season, the Red Sox are 2 1/2 games up on the Yankees for first place. Both will make the playoffs.

Hockey IS Canada's sport. Televised tonight was a Vancouver Canucks exhibition game against the San Jose Sharks. Vancouver lost 3-1. And I'm sorry for Greg Littlefield as his Boston Bruins lost by a 4-3 final to Toronto Maple Leafs. Again, only pre-season. The best junior hockey league around is the Western Hockey League. It has returned to Edmonton for the '07/08 season - the WHL's 42nd season...Littlefield and I are in our
43rd seasons:)
Edmonton beat the Kootenay Ice 4-3 on September 20 as the regular season was launched. Here is the movie trailer opening I did for the TV broadcast. This is my favorite WHL team.

I am really looking forward to doing the Buffalo Sabres' openings on
MSG-TV again this season. The first real games take place October 5th and 6th against the New York Islanders.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 am

    Thanks for the kudos, Ralph! It's great to be in the company of these other Gregs! One day, we'll band together and give the Daves a run for their money! :)

    Being from Texas and the west coast, I'll have to admit that I haven't fully embraced hockey yet, but since I live in the home of the UMaine Black Bears, it's only a matter of time before I get sucked in!

    Check back soon. In addition to other voice goings-on, I hope to have a review of the new CD from your fellow Kelownan (Kelownite?) Kevin Kane shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, To (sort of) quote the Beatles:
    You are the Greg-man, you are the Greg-man
    I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob:)

    You have the UMaine Black Bears. Well, the name Kelowna is derived from its Indian name which means "female grizzly bear."

    All for now from K-Town!
    Take care.
    -Ralph

    ReplyDelete